Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 Days of Thankful: Day 23


I am so thankful for my washer and dryer
(well, I am grateful for all the appliances that make my life so much easier, but today I am most especially thankful for the laundry appliances).
I take them for granted! I don't truly appreciate how wonderful it is to simply drop the clothes in and turn it on. . . that is until I am forced to scrub a load of laundry, by hand, with a toothbrush. That experience has made me very, very grateful for my washer and dryer.



Why was I scrubbing laundry with a toothbrush?
Good question.
Preston left some crayons in his pocket this week. When I pulled a load of kids clothes out of the dryer on laundry day I was horrified to see blue and brown streaks on everything! It was terrible. I quickly googled "How to remove crayon from laundry." The remedy I found involved scrubbing the clothes with a toothbrush and a little WD40. It was a long, tiring process. Once I was done scrubbing them all (except the socks and underwear, cuz that's where I draw the line) I had to rinse them multiple times to get the WD40 smell out. I'm not sure how many times I have to wash them. I'll let you know when I find out. They are currently undergoing cycle #4.



Long story short: I am grateful for my washer and dryer, and always check your kids pockets when you do the laundry.

0 comments. . . I Love Comments!: